Monday, 29 May 2017

Patty Bennetts - Million Dollars US Sales - Ribbon of Courage Stamp Set.





Hi Everyone, thank you for visiting my blog today. Today is a super special and very memorable blog hop. As some of my followers may have known, that my darling mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer on New Years Eve 2016. Yeah what a way to bring in the New Year? BUT!!! We knew we had a job to do and that was to give Mum the best 6 months of what life she had left with the Doctors saying this was the approximate amount of life span she had left.

So after a few tears, a little anger, and the grieving Mum and I decided to life live the best we she could, with lots of Prayer, Singing, Remembering memories and making new ones for me to live with after she passed away.

Mum always so proud of me, with my crafty ways  would not miss any opportunity to tell people about how lovely my cards are...
"Gotta love a Mothers Pride".

In fortunately my darling sweet mother lost her battle with Cancer at 9:25pm, Saturday 13 May 2017, she took a little breath with so much dignity and went to Heaven to live in Eternal Life with the Lord; my daughter Ebony and I were by her side, Ebony holding her hands, and I gently touching her face. 
Such a blessed moment, such an honour to be involved in her final journey


This Photo was taken by me, at her 80th Birthday 29 January 2017

Love you forever, Forever with me, In my Heart

30 Jan 1937 - 13 May 2017
R.I.P.



     Mum with my beautiful Children,

Daughter Ebony and Son Reece.











Mum with my darling husband Ray and Me.





This Blog Hop with the beautiful Crazy Crafters, showing what we can do with New Stamp Sets from the 1 June 2017-31 May 2018, that we were either allowed to pre purchase from attending the Stampin' Up! "On Stage Local" Event in April, venue  Luna Park Sydney, Stamps Sets that were won there or the Perks of being a Demonstrator.

The Stamp Set I am using today is called 
RIBBON OF COURAGE 
This beautiful stamp set was designed by Patty Bennett a wonderful, vert talented and an awesome demonstrator in her business with Sales in excess of over One Million Dollars US.

I was so fortunate to WIN this stamp Set at the On Stage Local event in April 2017. There was so many circumstances about me getting to this event, I said to my darling Team Leader Nicole Bonar, this just has to be mine, its perfect for the Thank You cards I will need to make for Mums Funeral.
Yep it happened, I won it.




PURPLE is the colour for PANCREATIC CANCER, and the Month of  NOVEMBER is Pancreatic Cancer AWARENESS MONTH.








Double Z Fold

Tutorial for this card from "The Craft Spa"
thecraftspa.blogspot.com

Inspiration to making this style of card was from a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Jenny Hayward 
https://www.facebook.com/JennyHaywardstamping/

What I used!

Whisper White Thick Cardstock
Elegant Eggplant Cardstock
Pink Pirouette Cardstock
Sassy Hearts Dies
 Jewels Basic Rhinestones
Tombow Glue
Stampin' Dimensionals
Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set


Thank you once again for visiting, please follow my very talented team members by clicking on the persons name in the below list of names.
We hope we have inspired you, as we have had so much fun Blog  Hopping.


FOLLOW THE BLOG HOPPING BY CLICKING ON THE NAMES OF THE CRAZY CRAFTERS TEAM.



30 comments:

  1. What a great card, in memory of your beautiful mum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie, I kind of knew what I wanted to do the moment I saw this set on the big screen in Sydney Luna Park On Stage Local in April. I know I will use this so often, as the Heart Stamps are so beautiful AND there is a Framelits Set to match so no more fussy cutting the ribbons.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful idea Christine.....condolences to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, everything just fell into place, with organising mums funeral and having this wonderful Stamp Set made knowing what to make as a Thank you card so much easier. Thank you for your wishes, they are greatly appreciated and helps keeping the strength in me. xxx

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous card in memory of a gorgeous and loving woman, your Mum xx Much love to you and your family Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I must agree with you here; mum is and was a gorgeous woman in looks and heart, thank you for your love. I am very pleased on how the card turned out. xxx

      Delete
  4. A beautiful card Christine and beautiful colours to match your layout. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela, I am pretty chuffed on the card, it is a great feeling when a card you need works out with hardly no effort, especially since I have not made any cards for a few months. The colours are my favourites Purples and Pinks I love them.
      Purple is the colour for the Pancreatic Cancer Ribbon and of course the Pink is the colour for Breast Cancer. xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful card Christine! Thoughts & prayers are with you & your family at this time... may the Lord bless & comfort you all till you see her face to face again one day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorin, for your beautiful comment. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and yes I am truly blessed and comforted from all of my darling friends in the Crazy Crafters Tea. I will be with her one day but not for a long time as mum said I have lots and lots of cards to make before then :) xxx

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful card and blog post Christine ... your Mum would be so extremely proud that you are keeping the promise you made her :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole, Yes mum said to me that she has always been proud of me, but joining SU, making cards, having friends now that love what I love, made her so much happier and prouder than ever. She said, SU gave her daughter back to her as I smiled more brightly and got my confidence back too. Words I will treasure forever. xxx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card and memory of your beautiful Mum. It's lovingly made with so much meaning, a truly blessed set and card to treasure. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juan. This stamp set is so beautiful, it is very blessed indeed and this was what I was wanting; so the recipients of this card will treasure it as much as they did my Mother. As they are grieving too. xxx

      Delete
  8. How perfect that you received this stamp set - not a coincidence, I think. Your post is so moving, especially for those of us who have also traveled a similar path - thank you for sharing such a difficult and intimate moment.
    Your card is beautiful and a perfect reflection of your courage as well as your mother's. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh Stephanie, your comments are so beautiful, yes this moment in time is sad that I cannot see her, smell her or touch her; but Mum will always be with me forever in my heart.. I will take her wherever I go.
      I hope this post helps others too, as grieving is a part of death and death is a part of life, I am a great believer of Celebrating her Life as I have so many memories to treasure forever. xxx

      Delete
  9. I agree with Stephanie Fischer. A "coincidence" is when God wishes to remain anonymous. Thank you for sharing your personal story. I too lost my precious mother the year she turned 80 and felt I had not spent near enough time with her here. It makes heaven look all the more sweet when we know we have loved ones waiting for us. Prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, Yes God does work in mysterious ways doesn't he. My heart goes out to you, losing your mother and listen don't beat yourself up in what time you didn't have with her. Embrace the memories of the times you had with her, life throws us many paths, I was lucky enough to have her reside close by to me and with me not able to work fulltime due to my disabilities gave me the time to be with her so much, If, If, and If again I had not become ill / disabled things would have been surely different.

      Prayers and Gentle Hugs to soothe you, and remember to keep on smiling as your mum will be watching from Heaven. xxx

      Delete
  10. Christine this is a beautiful tribute to your Mum. Sending hugs to you at this time. What a special card to make for everyone. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny, receiving this Stamp Set at SU Sydney Luna Park On Stage Local in April was the perfect gift for me, I knew then what I would use it for, BUT how and then I saw your post on your Facebook page and then BOOM the card was created. Thank you for your kindness and for inspiring me. xxx

      Delete
  11. A lively card for a Special Mum. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry, A lovely card, not lively. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne, I realised what you meant to say. Thank you for your comment and Welcome to my Blog, I appreciate you visiting. xxx

      Delete
  13. I'm so touched by all that you've shared about your lovely Mum! What a blessing to know that she is in heaven with her Lord and Savior! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita for your heartfelt comment. It is the most beautiful and blessed feeling to know she is with the Lord in Heaven. Bless You Rita xxx

      Delete
  14. I'm so sorry for your loss... bless you for the beautiful tribute! I have no doubt she is in Heaven with my mom and they are watching over us as we stamp :) Love what you did with the Ribbon of Courage set!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty, a huge smile came across my face when I read your lovely comment, I can see in my minds eye, our mothers have met each other sitting with a cup of tea watching us stamp away, I am going to keep this image in my mind always. I am so pleased that you like what I did with your stamp set, I hope I will inspire many more to use this set as it is a really beautiful Stamp Set and I know I will use it for many years to come. xxx

      Delete
  15. I'm sorry for your loss. I know what your going thru. I just lost my mom March 19,2017 at 6:30 am. I wasn't there with her but, I knew when it happened. The Lord laid his hand on my heart and said, "I've taken her home". I knew then were she was. As much as I love my mother, I haven't been able to cry. This worries me? I wish peace and fond memories of your mum to stay with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christine... I am so sorry for your loss... and I can tell that you were so lucky in having such a wonderful and close relationship... but your wonderful card that is such a tribute... is formed so many worlds colliding... and I can't tell you how humbled (and emotional!) I am to be a small part of that... in creating the card fold that you used.... and thank you too so much for the "shout out " too... blessings always. Amanda at The Craft Spa

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very heart felt card and dedication Christine. I am very sorry for your loss, its a huge loss. Take of yourself and each other in this time sorrow. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete